I really do like the Purple Parlor. It's a nice, quiet place to sit and write. I don't remember such a place when I was little, though. A new addition, certainly, since having been rebuilt. The smell of the pies and cakes in the merchant quarter makes me remember so much, however. The more things change, the more they stay the same! Mother spends more and more time around the Citadel. She really is too old to be creeping into the Hold, but she does. It was embarrassing when the guard called me to take my own mother away from the gates. She wants to help, I know, but she can't anymore. She is better off talking with the Elders these days, let me do the warden work. I swear, she makes me feel incompetent at times. I am nearly twenty years old! I am no child. Ah, mothers will be mothers though.
I'd better get back to my vigil.
No comments:
Post a Comment