Thursday, December 17, 2009

Entry 10

I scrambled to find something for today to remember Father and Quint. All the silly nonsense of this Hallow's End holiday at last came to an end, and now we come to the real rememberence of it all--the Day of the Dead. Not many know so much of the holiday, obssessed enough with their tiny pieces of candy to really give it any thought. I think that Mother considers them to be dead, really. Gilneas has been closed for so long, with no sign of life, after all. But Mother considers alot of things dead. I can't help but to have a little hope that I might be able to see my brother again. He was always a survivor.

I remember when I was a little girl, he would always let me ride with him on our horses. Some of them were still unbroken, and it was frightening when they would rear up, but he would get them under control. He'd always say "anything can be yours with a steady hand". Mother and Father never gave him enough credit, really. He wasn't always the troublemaker they made him out to be.

White roses are for rememberence, I think. I'll have to get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment