Winter's Veil. It's my favorite holiday, really. It was, I mean. As a child, I always looked forward to the eve before, where our family's would gather and feast. The dinner hall was warm, and the people forgot about their troubles for that one night. Mother and Father were always at their best too with one another. Maybe I didn't notice then, but they were so distant from each other. I sometimes wonder now if Mother hoped he would stay in Gilneas those years ago. She certainly seems to miss him now.
I wish I could help her to hang tinsel on the trees outside in Dalaran, but she is confined more and more to the bed now. And she keeps speaking of Quintun, telling me I should bring him home for the holidays. She just knows he's out there chasing that Elizebeth Gillens with mistletoe.
It will be a quiet holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment